Saturday, November 14, 2009

Mary Lucille Snider

Mary Lucille Snider was born on Friday November 13 2009 in Lemoore Ca at 9:53 am. She was 7 lbs 12.8 oz and 20 in long. Everything went well and we are now home and very happy. Daniel's mom came down for the weekend. She got her Thursday night. I had a doctors appointment that day and was having contractions every ten minutes apart all day. Than she got here we went to bed and they started getting closer together. I finally woke Daniel up around 4:30 am and we called the hospital and they said to come in and they would check me. I had a contraction getting into the car and then none on the drive over. I was all worried that I was making more of it than it was. But once I got out of the car and started the door I couldn't walk because of the pain. Someone going to work saw us and went in to get me a wheelchair. Once the contraction ended I was able to walk again and made it to the door where they had me a wheelchair and took me up to labor and delivery. They put me in a room and the nurse checked me I was dilated to a 4 she went and called the on call doctor Dr. Schipper and she said for me to stay. After that the paper work had to be filled out and an IV got started. With Emma I got to the hospital and wasn't in any pain and got the paper work filled out fast but this time having to stop every 4 to 5 minutes it felt like it would never end. They gave me my IV while I was having a contraction and when Daniel saw it go in he got light headed and and to sit down for a few minutes to get feeling better. They got him a chair so he could sit by the bed and hold my hand. After I got the IV they said the doctor was on her way and would be there soon. When she got there she said the anesthesiologist was on her way so she would wait till I was more comfortable to check me. The anesthesiologist got there around 7 am. When she was getting ready Daniel was coming to stand by me and I told him he might want to stand back. They nurse and anesthesiologist asked why and when I told them he didn't feel to good when I got my IV they had him go get crackers from the nurse in the hall. When he left they said you can tell it's true love when he has sympathy pains for me. He ate the crackers and sat in a chair in front of me. Once I got the epidural things were much better. I got some rest Daniel went and got food so that he wouldn't get light headed again. Around 9 I started to feel the contractions getting harder. I pushed the button for more meds but it would beep and not help me. So they called the anesthesiologist to come back. But by they time she got there I told her that I felt like I needed push. She went and got the nurse to check me to see if I did. The nurse looked and sure enough I was ready. The doctors had changed so they call Dr. Lau to come for the delivery. When he got there he had enough time to set everything up and I was really ready to push. The anesthesiologist was on the right side of me and Daniel was on the other side and I pushed about 5 times and Mary was here. They put her on my belly and wiped her down and Daniel got to cut the cord. With Emma I got to cut the cord I was glad Daniel was able to be here this time to do things like that. They had me nurse on both side before they took her to get her weight and measurements. She nursed for an hour and 20 minutes and it seemed like the longest hour and 20 minutes we were very anxious to get all the info. We only had to stay in for 24 hours and it's so nice to be home. I was very glad that they let Emma come to the hospital to see us. I have never not been there for Emma when she got up and I was missing her. So far Mary is a great little baby. She wake up at night and looks around for most of the night and sleeps most of the day. While Daniel is home that is okay because I will be able to take naps but I am trying to get it so she sleeps more at night. Mary loves to be held and will sleep as long as I don't move. I am trying not to hold her as much but it's hard to put her down.
Getting tips on how to hold her.
















Getting her outfit warmed up before putting it on her to go home. Our room was cold.
She loved the warming bed.
Her cute little shoes.




Home sweet home.

4 comments:

bob and sara rich said...

Congratulations you guys, i can't believe your already on your second! Sara and I are still waiting for #1, but that will only be a few more months. But congratulations again, and good luck with everything!

Amanda & Clay said...

She is gorgeous, congratulations!!

Richelle Gutierrez said...

Wow I can't believe she's here. How wonderful, sounds like it was a good experience. She is beautiful! I think she looks more like Julie, with Daniel's nose. She looks so much like Emma, but I can tell them apart. Congrats guys, good work!

Our Biggs Family said...

Congratulations. She looks beautiful. I love your family picture too. I noticed your blog on the Haight's. I hope you don't mind us taking a look!