Saturday, September 26, 2009

Remodel

Daniel left on the ship and I didn't want to stay in California with Emma by myself so I went to stay with my parents. I hate white walls and as I would sit in there living room hate looking at the white walls. So I asked if I could paint. They told me that I would have to wait till someone looked at the roof. So I decided to recover there chairs and stools. My friend Mandi helped me out with it so I wasn't doing it all on my own.
Emma had to help sand them down so we could paint them.
This is how they turned out.Than we (Mandi and I) started in the kitchen.
And Emma had to help paint as well.Mandi got up and painted the bay window. We forgot to get a picture till after she started.My dad and I took up the carpet and put tile in. Mandi didn't know how to lay tile so it was just my dad and I that did it.I took all the drawers out and painted them and put new gliders on the bottom so they would go in and out easy.We took off the cupboard doors and painted the inside of them.Once the painting was done I got brown liner to put in them and magnetic latches. We also got new hinges and put on handles. We forgot to get the before picture of the hall. I took everything out of the closet and painted it and the doors all got new white paint on them.Climbing up the ladder to paint was not my favorite part. I was going up and down than I decided to get a bowl full of paint so I wouldn't have to go down it made it a lot easier. I painted the mirror red so that it would bring the red from the other wall.It was lots of fun to do but I am very glad that it is finally done.

No comments: