Thursday, May 19, 2011

Dresser

I got this dresser from the Airman's attic. It is a place on base where people take things they don't want and E-5 and below can go pick things up for FREE! I went on May 3rd for the first time. I got some clothes for Mary and some shoes for Emma. I was walking to the van when I saw this dresser. I have been wanting a dresser for Emma for so long. I went and looked at it and it was on hold I was so sad. But I looked at the date and it was way past the time for them to get it. So I went and talked to the lady there and she put it on hold for 7 days for me. I ran home to get Daniel to go back and get it because it was his only day off in the 7 days. He didn't want to go but my friend Tabbitha said she would go with me. We got there and someone from our ward was there with her husband. They helped get it in the van. The mirror came with it to
I was just going to paint it pink but once I started sanding it I changed my mind.
Top one sanded bottom one not just in case you can't tell. I started the day I got it.
May 5th
I didn't sand two of them so Daniel could see the difference when he got home from work.

May 18th

All finished!!!
Emma got to pick out the pink top nobs at Hobby Lobby and they were on sale and only cost a dollar.
I love how it looks and it came out to be about $35. Daniel doesn't want the mirror on but I think one day we will put it up. It looks so much better in person but at least you can see it. I was worried about staining it becasue I have never done it before but it was easier than I thought it would be.

1 comment:

Alyssa Clark said...

I love this! It is so cute! I wish I was as crafty as you!