Sunday, March 1, 2009

Daniel had to go to San Diego for a week for training, but Emma and I got to go with him. It was a fun week we got to go and see a lot of things and it was nice to be able to be with Daniel. He would be done early so we had the whole night with him. Emma loved the mirrors.
This is the view we had when we would go out of our hotel room.
Emma sitting in the hotel room relaxing. She has everything she would need. A phone, the remote, water, treats, her blanket, and her stuffed lamb.
We went to the ocean. By the time Daniel was off work the sun was setting so we tried to get pictures with the setting sun this is the best one I could get. We went with a few other people that had to go down for training.
It got kind of cold with the sun setting and Emma was ready to go.
There was a park by the ocean.We went on a tour of the USS Ronald Reagan. It was fun to see where Daniel worked and lived for six months. It was so big. But all the hallways and stair ways were small. I would hate to be on there for six months. We went with Daniel old roommate from back when he was in school. It was fun to meet him and his wife. He lives down in San Diego and works on the ship.
Daniel would work here most of the time.
Another place Daniel would work.



One of the mess decks.
The stairs reminded me of a slide. I didn't mind going up it was down I didn't like.
We got to go to Sea World. It was so much fun it was wonderful weather not to hot and not to cold.




Holding a starfish.
Emma's favorite was the penguins. She would watch them and make noise and laugh.
Our friends that had to come and do training as well.

Emma showing us were the sharks were.
Emma watching them feed the seals.Our friends feeding the seals. The seagull in back ground came and ate the fish before the seal could. The seagulls would eat whatever they could. I got a churro and when Daniel went to pay the lady asked if all he had was cotton candy and he said no I have the churro as well. So I lifted it up so she could see what I had. When I felt a tugging I thought it was Daniel trying to get a bite. But it wasn't him it was a seagull when I realized that I screamed and said that the seagull took it. They guys behind me said that it made his day. The lady told me I could go get a new one so it was all good in the end. But it really scared me.
Our friends feeding the dolphins.

Emma loved watching the show.

We missed the Shamu show so we got Emma a stuffed Shamu.
Before we went home we went to the San Diego Zoo. None of us had been there before so it was new for all of us. We didn't realize how big it was. We did lots of walking. We got there a 12:30 and it took about 30 minutes to get a parking spot and than we left around 5 when it closed. We got to see everything we wanted to and Emma really enjoyed it. She would wave to the animals and the people that walked by.


Emma in her new hat so the sun would be off her head. She got a sun burn at Sea World with her head band on so she had a red head but it was white were the head band was. I put some ointment on it when she went to bed and it was almost gone. But I didn't want her to get anymore sun. I didn't even think about sunscreen so I will know better next time.


Me and Emma on the polar bear. The real one was sleeping so Emma didn't get to see it.

Daniel's favorite was the black bear cub. He was walking around.
The rhinos were the best the were very active.

No comments: